Join us early for this indepth Pre-Conference Workshop, which is a half-day hands-on session that feature a more focused, in-depth exploration of a particular distance learning topic. Pre-registration and an additional fee of $99 is required.
Building Inclusive Communities: Accessibility as the Mortar
$99 March 25, 12:00 - 4:30 pm
- Dr. Tricia Ritschel-Trifilo, Wayland Baptist University; Raymond Rose, President, Rose & Smith Associates; Dr. Jackie Luft, Lecturer, Master of Arts in Educator Effectiveness Coordinator, Western State Colorado University; Janet Kamps, eLearning Director, Del Mar College
- Who are the people who make up our learning communities? How do they learn? How do they interact with content? How do they demonstrate their knowledge?
- We need to build inclusive digital learning spaces using a framework of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), cemented together with accessible tools. What is needed? Is there an ethical concern? What is our moral obligation?
- Join the discussion and workshop on how to make digital accessible content for courses and presentations.
- Discover the who, why, what, how, and the challenges of creating inclusive communities.